Have you ever thought about changing your career and following your dreams? Do you want to turn your hobby into a profession?
Take your SSI Divemaster Course in Tenerife with us and enter the professional world of diving.
What is a SSI Divemaster?
The SSI Divemaster course is the first level of professional dive training where you’ll perfect your diving techniques with a SSI Instructor.
We are talking about mastering buoyancy , improving rescue techniques, enhancing management and supervision skills… Skills that will allow you to guide other divers and assist them in their training, becoming a model for divers all over the world.
The SSI Divemaster course is internationally recognized and allows you to work both in a remote part of the world and close to home.
Before doing the SSI Divemaster in Tenerife…
Before embarking on this adventure, stop for a second and ask yourself a few questions: Do you like customer service and dealing with tourists? Do you like to work? Are you patient?
Working in the world of diving is a very rewarding way of earning a living but you should never forget that it is a job. Apart from diving you will become a teacher and a role model. You will need to have great customer service skills and be willing to do all the associated jobs within a dive centre.
The first step towards the professional world of diving, and for me personally the most important, is the SSI Divemaster course. In this course you will learn the basics of working in a dive center and prepare for the next course, The Assistant instructor SSI and Open Water instructor.
Below you have some information with regards to the course.
Who can take the SSI Divemaster Course?
To take the SSI Divemaster course in Tenerife and anywhere, there are some prerequisites that must know:
- Be certified as SSI Advanced Open Water and Stress and rescue
- Being over 18 years old
- Have 40 logged dives
- Have had the title of React right primary and secondary care in the last 24 months
- Have been evaluated by a doctor and fit for diving within the last 12 months
* If some of the requirements are not met, they can be met at the dive centre before starting the course. At Medanodive we offer a 30% discount on all courses or dive packages.
* If you want to purchase your dive equipment at Medanodive we are official MARES sellers and we will give you a 20% discount on all diving material.
What will you learn in the SSI Divemaster Course?
The SSI Divemaster Course aims to teach you how to be a leader and take charge of underwater activities. Through knowledge development sessions, in-water exercises and technique seminars and practical assessment, you’ll have developed the skills to organize and lead a range of dive activities:
- The role and characteristics of a Divemaster
- Supervise diving activities and help with students
- Organizing and directing dives
- Risk management and diver safety
- Conduct dive briefings
- Organize a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Make a map of an open water dive site
- Divemaster-led programs and specialized techniques
- The business of diving and how to develop your career
- Conduct a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assist with the Basic diver programmes and guide Discover Local Diving programs
Requirements at the end of the course
- Have at least 60 logged dives.
- Have the React right primary and secondary care in the last 24 months
What are the duties of a SSI Divemaster at a dive centre?
As we have said before, the tasks of a SSI Divemaster are more than just diving in paradise beaches. These are the tasks that correspond to you in your dive center:
- Guidance for certified divers
- Try dives
- Snorkeling guide
- Assistance in courses with other instructors
Internship SSI Divemaster Tenerife in Medanodive
In Medanodive we try to adapt as much as possible to the needs of each diver, that is why we have designed an offer for the SSI Divemaster Internship in Tenerife. An intensive course at an economical price:
- 250/month (8 euros/night approx.) in the low season (May to October)
- 330/month (11 euros/night) in high season (from November to April)
* Aloe Vera Shared House has bicycles available for rent at a good price.
* During the period of the course you can do as many dives as you wish without any cost.
* The times are indicative, because when the course is finished you will be responsible for the safety of many divers. For this reason the title will not be signed until your instructor is 100% sure that you are ready.
* The price of the SSI Divemaster pack on the official SSI website is 248,08€. With our discount it is available from us at a cost of 200.00€.
Why choose Medanodive as a dive centre for your SSI Divemaster?
For the simple reason that you want to learn to dive for real. Medanodive is a small diving center directed by two instructors (Ismael and Chris) where we offer a 100% personalized treatment for each student, and that’s why we differ from the rest:
- We take a maximum of 2 Divemaster students at a time to give a quality service. We are not an academy we are a fully functional dive center working with customers and gaining real hands on experience.
- In Medanodive we will never leave you alone in the water with the clients and you will not be responsible for the group, as you will always be accompanied by an instructor.
Feel free to contact us for further information:
📞 By phone ➤ +34 690 213 415
📧 By e-mail ➤ email@example.com
📝 By our contact form